Monday, August 25, 2008

Whew, I made it through my first day

This was the color page Jake said he colored today.....
Well it is finally here. I've lost Jacob to school days. He started out the day with me waking him up at 7:00am so that he could eat breakfast and get dressed for school. He usually sleeps in until about 8:00 or 8:30, so this was a rude awakening. When I woke him up he said "Mom, I didn't get to sleep very long. I just closed my eyes. It seems like I just fell asleep." I laughed to myself thinking that it is going to be a fun 13 years!
He then got dressed in which I had to talk him out of wearing his star wars shirt for the first day of school. We then walked him to the bus stop and waited for the bus. I definitely had to fight back tears as I saw him proudly walking down the sidewalk with his backpack. The bus finally arrived and after he got on I sneaked on the bus and yelled his name. When he popped his head over the seat, I took one last picture. Michael and I then drove to the school to meet the bus. I took pictures until it got to a point where he looked at me like "if you take one more picture of me I am going to take your camera and throw it across the room." He even wiped off the kiss on the cheak that I gave him before I left. I guess that will be the last time I will be able to do that in public! I slowly got the hint and decided that it was my cue to leave.
Josh on the other hand seemed very happy to have me all to him self again. I was really proud of him today as he never once posed a problem during Jake's school process. I think the highlight of his day is when we got home from the grocery store and he found out that he had been promoted to "door holder" when I bring in the groceries. It was a job Jacob took seriously and a fine job he did. Now it is time for Josh to take over this very important duty.
I feel like 5 years was just not enough time with him at home. I am so thankful that I was able to stay home with him during that time. Now my prayer for Jacob is that God help him find wisdom, knowledge, compassion and determination through his school years. I hope that he never loses his innocence, his beautiful spirit, gentle personality and values that we have instilled. I love him so much and want the very best for him.
When asked him about his school day, I got the guy answers: Yes, No and I don't know.









4 comments:

Grandma Patton said...

I love everyone of these pictures of our grown up boy! Wish I could be a fly on the wall in that kindergarten classroom...would love to watch all that goes on. Maybe I'll apply to be in sub in Cy-Fair I.S.D.

Peggy said...

What a precious boy. These photos are wonderful and bittersweet. Reminds me of when my little boy started kindy some 21 years ago.

Melissa said...

Too cute!! So did he wear his Star Wars the 2nd day? :)

Jill said...

Thanks for you comments! Yes, Jacob proudly wore his star wars shirt to school today.