Monday, August 11, 2008

Kindergarten Woes

Time is running out with my sweet little Jacob at home. August 25th is his first day of kindergarten. My heart breaks and I well up with tears pretty much everyday thinking about him starting kindergarten in just two short weeks. When I expressed my sadness to him and had tears in my eyes, he came over to me, held my hand and told me that he would come home everyday and tell me all about the new friends he will make. Doesn't that just melt your heart? I truly believe that he is the sweetest, kindest and gentlest boy ever. He has such a beautiful spirit and positive outlook on life and people. The one thing I always remember, is one of his preschool teachers telling me that he always clapped and cheered for his fellow classmates to do well and praised them when they achieved something. How many 5 year olds do you know that does that? I am so very proud of him. We talk about all of the wonderful things that kindergarten will bring. He is even more excited as we have purchased his school supplies, clone wars backpack and school clothes and his sketchers. He still does not let me forget that he still has no lunch box. He said "I guess I will be the guy with no lunch box". I guess I need to make that purchase, as I would hate for that to happen.

Now comes Josh... He is also very excited about starting preschool. He makes his preschool debut September 2nd and will be going two days a week. He is prepared with his nap mat (Not a chance he will be using it), and his sketchers. I think what he is looking forward to the most, is making is very own friends and no longer walking in Jacobs shadow. He talks about preschool everyday. He is such the social butterfly. When we leave the gym everyday he makes dramatic exits saying goodbye to everyone and lets each and every person know that he is leaving on his way out. He is such a sweetie.

Yep that's right, I will have two days a week to myself in just a few short weeks. This is an exciting time yet just a reminder with a blink of the eye, my babies are not babies anymore!


About the sketchers: They finally received there sketchers after a long wait since May. Grandpa promised he would buy them sketchers and meany mom said not until closer to school starting. I didn't want them to be a waste since I knew they would grow out of them before school started. I think they both left the store crying that day and grandpa feeling really bad that he could not purchase them. They have reminded gpa all summer that he owes them sketchers. When gma and gpa came to town we finally made our sketcher run. The boys were skipping all through the outlet mall. Jacob got police light up sketchers and Josh got light up sketcher also. Of course the boys wore there sketchers out of the store. It was so cute, on the way out Josh asked Jacob if he was going to pull him over for going the speed limit since he had police sketchers on. They have worn them everyday since. Josh is sure to tell everyone that he has sketchers as if anyone cares.
Do you like Josh's choice of socks? We are still working on colors and matching.

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love the shoes! Can't believe it's already time for kindergarten!