Thursday, September 11, 2008

Hurricane Ike

With each passing hour, it appears this hurricane will be making landfall very close to Houston. As we have seen with each storm this season, the city goes bananas with groceries, gas, and fear. Up until now I couldn't believe the frenzy everyone gets worked up into, but I think this storm may be the real deal for this area. Several mandatory evacuations have been ordered along the coastal areas and schools are beginning to announce closures. I don't know if our district will close down but I don't think we will be evacuating since we are 80 miles inland. Should be an interesting couple of days.

2 comments:

Chris said...

When we lived in New Orleans 30+ yrs. ago, we went thru the "frenzy" most hurricane seasons. It was always said the big one's coming...never evacuated but sure am glad I wasn't there for the big one.

Lori said...

I used to wonder why everyone ran out to buy bread and milk when a storm was coming. Now I have two kids and know that we could NOT do without those for even a day! Hope you guys stay safe and sound.