Friday, April 20, 2007

Eureka!

Joshua has now mastered the "volcano"as Jacob calls it. We walk to the Dinosaur park in our neighborhood just about every afternoon. I don't think that I have seen a more independent and determined kid. Failure is not an option for him. If he has trouble mastering a climb, he keeps trying until he makes it. It is very painful sometimes and also quite amusing to watch because he will not let anyone help. He now climbs to the top of the 12 foot "volcano" by himself and all of the moms look at me like I am the most irresponsible mom. They always ask me how old he is and can't believe the stunts that he does. I am very proud of his independent attitude, but it is very frustrating because many of the things he tries are very dangerous.
On a side note. Jacob has now learned the phrase "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me." Even though Joshua has a limited vocabulary, he can say "NO"with conviction and much of the time hurts Jacob's feelings. So I have now told him to tell this Joshua when he says something that hurts his feelings instead of crying. It is quite funny when Jacob tells this to Josh.

No comments: