Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Jake lost his first tooth

Jake lost his first tooth tonight. He was so excited! His tooth has been loose for a few months. In kindergarten they had a big "I lost a tooth" poster that just happened to be hanging on the wall right behind his chair . Whenever someone lost a tooth they got to write their name on the poster. He was so bummed that he had not lost a tooth all school year. Tonight he called me into the bedroom and said "I think I'm gonna lose my tooth tonight". I wiggled and said "come with me lets see what we can do". I took him to dad and we wiggled back and forth until it was almost out. I told Michael to get the pliers and he said "No, that is dangerous!" Huh? Are you kidding? I remember the good ole "plier" days and tying one side of string around the tooth and the other to the door knob and closing the door. I ended up fetching the pliers myself and finishing off the job. After the tooth came out he said "Now the tooth fairy is coming tonight and I'm getting $5!" Wow! That seems a little steep to me. He told me that all the kids at school got that from their tooth fairy. Now what? I can't just give him 50 cents and tell him his tooth fairy is cheap. I did check around in disbelief and he was right, people are seriously giving $5 a tooth. Crazy!!!! Anyway, he loves his new smile and could not wait to go to bed with his tooth fairy bear. What do you think?



3 comments:

Grandma Patton said...

I think the tooth fairy better start saving up money..at $5 per that'll be $100. And at the rate of inflation what will it be when Josh loses his first one?

Mike said...

I think it is law there is no inflation on lost teeth between siblings. No kid should know that at the age of losing teeth, I hope. The tooth fairy savings has begun.

Anonymous said...

Hey! All the pic are really great, are u a pro photographer.
http://related-web.blogspot.com